Women of Vision Online Revival
“There is Power in The Holy Ghost”
Thursday, May 7, 2020
Song: “With my hands lifted up”
- II. Prayer:
- III. Scripture: Acts 1:2-8
As we come to the close of this Online Revival that God has orchestrated for us.
The Women of Vision
knew it was going to be a challenge. We have had all types of difficulties from the first hour we said, “Lets do it.”
You see, it was a must that we do it because the Spirit of the Lord said so.
We didn’t really know if anyone would be on the line with us. Yet, here you all are. Some of you have been on everyday. We are grateful to each of you for coming on and for you that are on now!
see, it is the beginning of something new and we were willing to be the first ones to go that extra mile to try it out. Again, I must reiterate it is because God said so…We refused to give up no matter what storms were coming our way.
In other words: We were determined.
You see, the Holy Ghost will never steer you wrong. If He gives you a task to do, He will always cover you. I beg of you to never give up.
Regardless, of how people treat you, talk about you, ridicule you, mock you, hurt you or even backstab you. The Holy Ghost will cover you.
Those things will only linger for a moment in your spirit.
Yet, it seems as though God will allow them to disappear over night.
Afterwards, you are free to continue an even greater, work.
As I end my
introduction to you, today. I would like to say, this is a day that we as Saints of God assemble together to celebrate our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, recognizing the influence He has in our homes, our families, our lives and our society.
These things can only happen through the Power that worketh within us.
Today, we will explore the Supernatural Power of God that is working in us and through us…
There is a quote that says, “The power of God touches millions of people all over the world.”
The power of God shows us that God is not a fairytale for grown-ups but a wonderful reality.
Without the power of God our faith is empty.
If all we have is theory, philosophy, theology and other intellectual arguments, we will never have a faith that changes the world.
God is not a theory, He is real, He is full of life
and power. The power of God must be the foundation for our faith.
The Bible says that the faith of any believer
should not be founded in religious reasoning, but on the power of God:
Stay on the wall Saints, never let any one stop you from doing what, “Thus saith the Lord.”
brings us to our Scripture:
- IV. Reading from the Book of Acts Chapter - 1:2-8
- A. It
reads as follows:
2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:
3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:
being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
5 For John truly
baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time
restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO USE FOR A THEME TODAY IS:
“THERE IS POWER IN THE HOLY GHOST!” (X2)
I am to always address you by saying: Dear Saints of The Most High God,
- A. As we enter into our 98th day of Fasting & Praying eating only
one meal a day coming against the Coronavirus and every other sickness & disease.
- 1. I bring you another Prophetic Message from the Lord.
I am to tell you that in conjunction with the Theme, as we pray for everyone on this universe, I must give you what the Spirit of the Lord gave me to share with you - His people, as a whole.
I have been petitioned to ask you five questions.
- 1. Question
#1 is: Do you have the power of the Holy Ghost?
- 2. Question
#2 is: How are you using the power of the Holy Ghost?
- 3. Question
#3 is: Do you understand the importance of having the power?
- 4. Question #4 is:
Do you think you need the power of the Holy Ghost?
- 5. And Question
#5 is: Would you like to receive the power of the Holy Ghost?
- B. You see, we all fit in one of these categories and my prayer is that we will understand which one, before we end
this session, today.
- C. The Spirit of the Lord showed me that the storms are coming in our lives and if we do not have the power of the Holy Ghost, we will not be able to with stand
- D. As we came Online today, we should have come expecting God to move in a mighty way.
- E. We should
have come expecting a blessing from the Lord.
- F. We should have come expecting Miracles to come forth.
- G. We
should have come expecting the Love of God to break-out in powerful way. (As my Bishop may often say, “Like a plague”).
- H. We should have come expecting God to save the lost
at any cost.
- I. We should have come expecting unforgiveness to be erased out of our hearts, as well as others.
- J. Expecting
our children to receive deliverance. Or even to be delivered from ourselves.
- K. Marriages to be reconciled.
- L. Families
to be reunited, again.
- M. Broken-hearts to be mended.
- N. Hurts to be removed.
- O. We should have come expecting to receive our healing.
- P. And most of all we should have come expecting to receive the Holy Ghost!
Because “There is Power in the Holy Ghost”!!!
(Help me Holy Ghost)!!!
- 3. There is something that I often
think about, which is extremely difficult for me to comprehend or contain in my mind, as to;
- A. How can we as a body of Christ, benefit from assembling ourselves together and leaving
the same way we came? The answer is we cannot.
- B. No one should need to prep and prim us to praise God after all He has done for us and how He has brought us through trials &
- 1. It is time for a change Saints of the Most High God, and that change will only come through, “The Power of the Holy Ghost.”
- 2. The Bible says in, James 4:2, “Ye have not because ye asked not.”
- 3. I beg of you to go after all that God has instore for you.
Don’t settle for anything less.
- 4. Stand on the promises of God and there are many. He promised us that, “He will never leave us nor forsake us.”
- 5. He is a God that changes not. He is the same yesterday, today and forever.
- 6. In other words:
“He is our past, our present and our future.”
- 7. I promise you once you see and feel the change you will never be the same, again.
- 8. Things you use to say, you will not say them anymore.
- 9. Things you use to do, you will not do them anymore.
People you use to hang out with, you will not want to hang out with them anymore.
11. Places you use to go, you will not want to go anymore. You know why? Because a change
has taken place in your life.
12. God will intervene by giving you a new talk, a new walk, new friends and new places to go.
know why? Because you have, “Discovered and come into the knowledge of His power.”
14. You know, how I know? Because I experienced this power one Sunday afternoon when I was baptized
in a muddy river down in the back woods of Marianna, Arkansas at the age of 14.
15. When I arose up out of that muddy water, I felt His Power as never before. I could not stop shouting.
16. My daddy knew that the power of God was upon my life and He watch me for 2 years.
17. Within those two years of my salvation walk my daddy
surrendered his life to the Lord at the age of 60 on a song that I was singing at a Sunday evening Service.
18. Yet, I got lifted up in pride saying that I saved him and went into a backslidden
state between the age of 16 and 30.
19. Yet, Jesus gave me a second chance at the age of 33 by meeting me Himself, in the Sanctuary at a Noon day Prayer Service.
To assure me that He was real and He had a great work for me to do.
21. He assured me that He had not forgotten me even in the midst of my mess.
You see, no man gets God’s glory. All the credit goes to Him.
23. I come to tell you Saints of the Most High God, that He has not forgotten you, either. Your second chance
is here today.
24. You do not need to leave this Online Revival the same way you came.
25. This day, Thursday, May 7, 2020 will be a
Day that you are to remember for the rest of your life.
I just need to tell you that there is “Power in the Holy Ghost.”
I am only to tell you
that all you need to do is ask, receive, and expect the manifestation of His power!
“Because He is on this line!!!”
IV. As we refer back to our 5 questions: The first one was:
- A. Do you have, “The Power of the Holy Ghost?
- 1. First of all you need to know the purpose of the Holy Ghost before you can have the Power.
- 2. The Holy Spirit is God presence
in the world.
- 3. Jesus Christ was God who became a man in the world.
- 4. The book of Genesis shows us the in depth of how
the world was formed through the Spirit of God.
- B. The Second Question was: How are you using the power?
- 1. In
order to use the “Power” you need to know how He “Works.”
- 2. Ask God to bless you with the Nine Gifts of the Holy Spirit that’s coming out of the book of
I Corinthians Chapter 12…
- 3. Go after all God has in store for you and you can experience His beauty as never before in the gifts, such as;
The Word of Wisdom
b) The Word of Knowledge
c) The Gift of Prophecy
d) The Gift of faith
e) The Gift of Healings
f) The Working of Miracles
g) The Discerning of Spirits
Different Kinds of Tongues
i) And The Interpretation of Tongues
- 4. Don’t stop there, also ask Him to reveal the Nine Fruit of the
Spirit in your lives that’s coming out of the book of Galatians 5:22-23, such as;
i) And Self-Control
- 5. And if that’s not good enough for you. I will be more than glad to teach a class
on these entities per your desire and for your understanding with an approval coming only from your Pastor…
- Proverbs 4:7 says, “Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all
thy getting get understanding.” Say Amen Somebody!
- C. The Third Question was: Do you understand the importance of having the power?
- 1. It is important to have the Holy Spirit: To convince the world of its sin and calling it to repentance.
- 2. It is important to
show the standard of God’s righteousness to anyone who believes.
- 3. And To demonstrate Christ’s judgment over Satan.
You see, God has given us the power to bind and loose:
- 5. Matthew 18:18 says: “Verily I say unto you, whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in
heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
- 6. Therefore, I come to tell you that we bind anything that is not of God in this house today,
in our homes and in our children lives.
- 7. I command it to leave right now, in the name of Jesus.
- 8. I
come to cast every demonic force out that’s holding God’s people in bondage, in the name of Jesus…
- 9. I loose the Spirit of God out there globally right now and I
command sicknesses and diseases to dry up in the name of Jesus.
10. Holy Ghost you take control, you intervene, and let your people receive their blessing on this day in the matchless name
of Jesus Christ.
11. Lord you promised me that we would not leave this Revival the same way we came and I stand on your promises believing in your Word because you told me, “There is
Power in the Holy Ghost” in the name of Jesus. Hallelujah!
- D. The Fourth Question was: Do you think you need the power of the Holy Ghost?
- 1. If you don’t have the Holy Ghost that means you are operating under another spirit and it is definitely not the Spirit of the Lord.
- 2. My
Bible says, in John 4:24 “That God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth.”
- 3. Meaning: He is present everywhere and He can
be worship anywhere at any time.
- 4. It is not where we worship that counts, but how we worship, as long as our worship is real.
My Fifth and Final Question was: Would you like to receive the Power of the Holy Ghost?
- 1. I need to tell you that, it is the most beautiful experience you could
- 2. The Bible says in John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
- 3. Know that our bodies is the temple of the Holy Ghost.
- 4. The Holy Ghost is a Gift from God and after we have been cleansed
by the Word of God, we are now ready to receive this Gift by faith.
Because there is Power in the Holy Ghost! Say Amen Somebody?
As we refer back to the book of Acts Chapter 2:1-4 it says:
1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the
Spirit gave them utterance.
V. In Closing:
- 4. Saints of the Most High God!
- A. I
would like for you to image yourself going up to the upper room being in the group with the 120 people waiting on the promise, which is the gift of the Holy Ghost!
Help me Holy Ghost?
- B. I would like for you to image waiting on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd day and nothing happened.
- C. I would like for
you to image saying to yourself is this really, true.
- D. Now, I want you to image day 4, 5, and 6 as it being hot up there in the upper room and nothing still has happened.
- E. I would like for you to image praying these last past 6 days and you began to complain saying I’ve been waiting all this time and still nothing has happened.
- F. Now, you begin to look over to your right and wonder why is Peter here when he denied Jesus 3 times.
- G. Why is Thomas here when he doubted
Jesus came down from the cross and would not believe unless he saw the scars in His hands and feet?
- H. You see the woman who committed adultery wondering why is she here, when she committed
such a hideous sin.
- I. You see the sons of thunders that wanted to set on the right and left side of Jesus.
- J. As
you set in prayer thinking on all these things that these folk have done you began to wonder about yourself.
- K. You began to realize that you are no better than they are.
- L. Then day 7, 8, and 9 comes and you began to feel convicted for thinking on these things about others.
- M. Now, you
go over to all those people and ask them to forgive you and everybody else does the same thing by repenting of their sins.
- N. As day 10 rolls around you feel a sense of peace and then
all of sudden you hear a shaking and rattling in the place.
- O. You hear something that sounds like an earthquake.
- P. Then
you hear this sound like a mighty rushing wind.
- Q. All of sudden you see this fire as in cloven tongues sitting on people heads.
All of sudden you hear this voice saying, “Receive Ye the Holy Ghost.” (X3)
- No one left that upper room the same way they came in…Not even you or I.
- Because we were all filled with the Power of the Holy Ghost!
- They had enough faith to trust Jesus at His Word and they were filled to do the work of the Lord.
a) Do you have that type of faith? Do you want joy, peace, love, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
gentleness and Self-Control to operate in your
life on a daily basis.
b) All God would like for you to do is receive all He has instore for you.
c) He said, “He
has not forgotten your labor oflove.”
There is power in the Holy Ghost!
would like to Sow a Seed into this Ministry. Please send donation(s) to:
Zelle - email@example.com
It will be used to reach the lost at any cost, our elderly, children, homeless & radio ministry, etc....
God Bless you!
I love you!
JoAnne Smith Hooks Ministry