JoAnne Smith Hooks is the tenth of twenty children born to Wesley and Willie Mae Smith, who were sharecroppers, in the small town of Marianna, Arkansas.
At the age of seven, she
began crying out to God seeking answers about her education. She was permitted to go to school on the rainy days only because she had to work alongside her family in the cotton fields.
When she was eleven years
old, she heard the voice of the Lord but did not understand the call at that time. JoAnne Smith Hooks fully surrendered her life to the Lord at a noonday prayer meeting 30 years ago when she heard the voice of God once again. God then
sent Jesus to lay hands upon her and told her, “I have anointed you to preach the gospel.” Not once, but twice in that same hour, hands were laid upon her and she was filled with the Holy Ghost all in one day.
“What a glorious experience, a day I will never forget!”
- Husband: Lee Andrew Hooks
- Daughter: Rhonda Shauntae Smith
- Chaquita Shaunye’ Johnson
Rodney Dwayne Page, Jr.
- Anthony Davonte Ramsey
- Lamont Terrell Ramsey
children: Kahmari, Khalil, Levi, LunaBella, Kaden, Lyric, Autumn & Jeremaiah
Degree in Theology
- Became a member of Faith Chapel Church of God in Christ in 1995 under the leadership of Bishop Roy and First Lady Starrie Dixon in the city of San Diego, CA
- Supervisor of The Southern California Fourth Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction (The Women’s Department Leader of 34 Churches in the Church of God in Christ)
- Youth Church Mother at her local church, Faith Chapel C.O.G.I.C. (1997 – 1999)
- President of Women of Vision Outreach Ministry, Faith Chapel C.O.G.I.C.
- Chaplain, Polinsky Children’s Center
- President of “Calling All Mothers” (CAM)
- Bible Studies
Administrator in three Recovery Centers
- Founder of “San Diego Youth Explosion” Youth Revival
- Founder of “The San Diego Women’s Explosion”
- Founder of “The San Diego Men’s Explosion”
- Producer of “Women of Vision Television Ministry” broadcast on three channels in the county
of San Diego.
- CEO: Seeking for the Future, Inc.
- CEO: The Men & Women of Vision Bible College
- The Author of 3 books based on her life entitled, “I Don’t Take it Lightly” was released in 2006 the “Root of Bitterness Workbook” released in 2009 & “A Bitter Disease Called Unforgiveness” released in
- Producer of JoAnne Smith Hooks Talk Shows, the Hour of Brokenness & the Hour of Reconnecting with the Veterans on KEPX Radio (www.kepxradio.com).
- Ministry Theme: “It’s All About Love” (1 Corinthians 13)
- Ministry Goal: To be the greatest soul winner that God
will have her to be
- Favorite Song: “Somebody Prayed For Me”
- Favorite Scripture: Psalm 23
Follow me Twitter: JoAnne Smith Hooks (@jhooks1636) I Twitter