A Bitter Disease Called Unforgiveness (Excerpts)
This book can be read within 2 ½ to 3 hours if you are reading it non-stop. It is written for an age level of 9 to 99 based on parental guiding for
children ages 9 – 17… It is a counseling tool for homes and different facilities such as; churches, doctor’s offices, hospitals, colleges, elementary – high schools, libraries, sober living quarters, transitional homes, etc….
These are true stories. Some of the names have been changed to protect the innocent.
- Chapter one talks about “Hidden Roots” - It deals with overcoming abuse, molestation and sickness, which cause bitterness. (I was molested at the age of 13).
- Chapter two deals with “A Touch of Humility” - It talks about how unforgiving spirits will prevent us from getting to heaven. Harboring un-forgiveness
will only lead to bitterness and bitterness causes diseases…once we let these things go this is when healing and deliverance will take place in our lives.
- Chapter three & four is dealing with a "Message called The Sycamine Tree" - These
chapters takes you back to your childhood days of experiencing some hurtful incidents that you maybe carrying in your heart even today and you refuse to let them go…
- Chapter five deals with "Beautiful Painted Pictures" - It talks about when
you have surrendered your life to the Lord and you are doing all the right things, thinking on pure and holy thoughts. Yet, Satan knows that you are still vulnerable and he sets a trap to pull you back in through your unsaved friends.
- Chapter six
& seven deals with “From a Cocoon to A Butterfly” - These Chapters tell us how a great transformation will take place in our lives after we remove jealousy, envy and pride.
- Chapter eight talks about “Secrets Exposed” meaning
(Evaluate your Secrets before exposing them) - This chapter gives you many secrets that have been exposed. Including a secret that I expose of myself that I carried for 43 long years.
- Chapter nine tells us, “There is a consequence for our Actions”
– (That’s not nice!): It talks about how the impact of our sins has affected our children lives and there is a consequence that we must pay as parents. It concludes with asking our children to forgive us as parents, as well as ending with a prayer
to our children.
- Chapter ten deals with “How to Overcome Hurts” – I am sure every one of us can attest to this chapter, even a child. (This chapter is a must read).
- Chapter eleven & twelve concludes with a Message based
on how “Your Faith is a terrible thing to Waste” – The conclusion of this chapter has a story about Faith and Hope meeting at a crossroad. Faith tells Hope to join him on the other side of the Jordan River because there are some people that
he needs to talk with on the Riverbed and those folk are: Misery, Depression, Suicide and a Grieving Mother that lost her little girl to Molestation….
Follow me: @jhooks1636 on Twitter