WE MUST WATCH OUR WORDS/WE ARE SNARED BY THE WORDS OF OUR MOUTH
Dear Family, Friends & Neighbors,
IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT WE WATCH WHAT WE SAY.
The enemy is always seeking to use negative words against us. We must learn to think positive and act on positive thoughts.
Proverbs 6:2 “Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.”
- In other words: We can be free or bound by our own words.
Proverbs 15:4 “Gentle words bring life and health; a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.”
Proverbs 16:24 “Kind words are like honey–sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.”
Proverbs 18:4 “A person's words can be life-giving water; words of true wisdom are as refreshing as a bubbling brook.”
Ephesians 4:29 “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.”
- In other words: Out of the issue of the heart, the mouth speaketh. If evil communication comes out of your mouth, you have an evil heart. A heart stayed upon God will say good things that will build up the person you are speaking to, and not tear them down. Let Jesus wash your heart in His blood and cleanse you. Christians must speak things that build up Christ and the one they are speaking to.
Ø Here are some pointers as to what words can do:
- Words can bring love or cause hatred.
- Words can be deceiving of truthful.
- Words can break you or make you.
- Words can build you up or tear you down.
- Words can provoke anger or good humor.
- Words can bring laughter or tears.
- Words can bring jealousy or admiration.
- Words can destroy a family or bring reconciliation.
- Words can bring happiness or sadness.
- Words can give you strength or cause weakness.
- Words can bring pride or humility.
- Once negative words are spoken, they cannot be retrieved. The damage has already been done.
- Ø Listen:
- Words says, where you have been or where you are now.
- Words says, where you are going or take you under.
- Words can keep you bound or activate a curse.
- Words can activate the blessing.
In Closing: I beg you to watch your words because they are powerful. Please change your mindset and think on positive things. Please change you attitude and strive for greatness! Your words can build you up or tear you down. They can break you or make you. You are better than that…You can do this!
Proverbs 18:21 (KJV) “Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.”
Ø I would like to invite you to Christ today:
Romans 10:9-10 (KJV) tells us, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
The Prayer: Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I ask for Your forgiveness. I believe You died for my sins and rose from the dead. I turn from my sins and invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and Savior.
In other words: If we are ashamed of Jesus before men and do not confess Him, we are doomed to hell. If we do proclaim belief in Jesus and believe in our heart that God raised Him from the dead, we shall be saved.
Please go to my Facebook Page & view the Live Video from the Hour of Brokenness that aired on KEPX Radio Thursday, December 12, 2019 based on, "Words are Powerful."
https://www.facebook.com/jsmithhooks (Click on open this in new window). It will take you directly to the video. On that particular video, I am telling a brief story about how God brought me off of welfare. I went on to pursue a Master Degree in Theology. It was only because I changed my way of thinking, by the grace of God!
Please tune in to the Hour of Brokenness Radio Talk Show Weekly:
We air every Thurday from 4:30pm - 5:00pm (PST).
Every Sunday from 3:00pm - 4:00pm (PST) on KEPX Radio.......www.kepxradio.com
Will you please share this information & the video?
Mother JoAnne Smith Hooks