“WORDS ARE POWERFUL"
Dear Family, Friends & Neighbors,
IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT WE WATCH WHAT WE SAY.
The enemy is always seeking to use negative words against us. We must learn to think positive and act on positive thoughts.
Proverbs 6:2 “Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.”
- In other words: We can be free or bound by our own words.
Proverbs 15:4 “Gentle words bring life and health; a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.”
Proverbs 16:24 “Kind words are like honey–sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.”
Proverbs 18:4 “A person's words can be life-giving water; words of true wisdom are as refreshing as a bubbling brook.”
Ephesians 4:29 “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.”
- In other words: Out of the issue of the heart, the mouth speaketh. If evil communication comes out of your mouth, you have an evil heart. A heart stayed upon God will say good things that will build up the person you are speaking to, and not tear them down. Let Jesus wash your heart in His blood and cleanse you. Christians must speak things that build up Christ and the one they are speaking to.
Ø Here are some pointers as to what words can do:
- Words can bring love or cause hatred.
- Words can be deceiving of truthful.
- Words can break you or make you.
- Words can build you up or tear you down.
- Words can provoke anger or good humor.
- Words can bring laughter or tears.
- Words can bring jealousy or admiration.
- Words can destroy a family or bring reconciliation.
- Words can bring happiness or sadness.
- Words can give you strength or cause weakness.
- Words can bring pride or humility.
- Once negative words are spoken, they cannot be retrieved. The damage has already been done.
- Ø Listen:
- Words says, where you have been or where you are now.
- Words says, where you are going or take you under.
- Words can keep you bound or activate a curse.
- Words can activate the blessing.
In Closing: I beg you to watch your words because they are powerful. Please change your mindset and think on positive things. Please change you attitude and strive for greatness! Your words can build you up or tear you down. They can break you or make you. You are better than that…You can do this!
Proverbs 18:21 (KJV) “Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.”
Ø I would like to invite you to Christ today:
Romans 10:9-10 (KJV) tells us, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
The Prayer: Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I ask for Your forgiveness. I believe You died for my sins and rose from the dead. I turn from my sins and invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and Savior.
In other words: If we are ashamed of Jesus before men and do not confess Him, we are doomed to hell. If we do proclaim belief in Jesus and believe in our heart that God raised Him from the dead, we shall be saved.
Please go to my Facebook Page & view the Live Video from the Hour of Brokenness that aired on KEPX Radio Thursday, December 12, 2019 based on, "Words are Powerful."
https://www.facebook.com/jsmithhooks (Click on open this in new window). It will take you directly to the video. On that particular video, I am telling a brief story about how God brought me off of welfare. I went on to pursue a Master Degree in Theology. It was only because I changed my way of thinking, by the grace of God!
Please tune in to the Hour of Brokenness Radio Talk Show Weekly:
We air every Thurday from 4:30pm - 5:00pm (PST).
Every Sunday from 3:00pm - 4:00pm (PST) on KEPX Radio.......www.kepxradio.com
Will you please share this information & the video?
Mother JoAnne Smith Hooks
Leaders, I would like to share something with you that has helped me. This was sent to me back in 2007 when I took on a unique role in Leadership, as the Supervisor of Southern California Fourth Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction Women’s Department. I pray that it will help you.
SEVEN SECRETS OF STRESS MANAGEMENT
Do you ever feel like your life and schedule is out of control? You cannot eliminate stress but you can manage it. It's not how much stress you bear but how you carry it that makes the difference. Jesus Christ experienced enormous stress and pressure, yet it didn't seem to disturb his peace of mind. In spite of opposition, constant demands, and little privacy his life reflected a calm sense of balance. What was his secret? A closer look at his lifestyle reveals 7 keys "stress-busters":
1. PRINCIPLE OF IDENTIFICATION: KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
· (John 8:12) Eighteen times Jesus publicly defined himself. There was no doubt in his mind as to who he was. If you are unsure of your identity you'll allow others to pressure you into their mold. Trying to be someone you're not causes stress.
2. DEDICATION: KNOW WHO YOU WANT TO PLEASE.
· (John 5:30) You cannot please everyone. Even God can't. Just about the time you get Crowd A happy, Crowd B will get upset with you. Jesus never let the fear of rejection manipulate him. No one can pressure you without your permission.
3. ORGANIZATION: SET CLEAR GOALS.
· Jesus said in (John 8:14) "I know where I came from and where I am going." Preparation prevents pressure but procrastination produces it.
4. CONCENTRATION: FOCUS ON ONE THING AT A TIME.
· (Luke 4:42-44) You can't chase two rabbits at the same time! Jesus knew how to handle interruptions without being distracted from his primary goal.
5. DELEGATION: DON'T TRY TO DO EVERYTHING YOURSELF.
· (Mark 3:14) We get tense when we feel it all depends on us. Jesus enlisted 12 disciples. Don't allow perfectionism, or the fear that others may do a better job keep you from involving others in the task.
6. MEDITATION: MAKE A HABIT OF PRAYER.
· (Mark 1:35) No matter how busy Jesus got, he found time to get alone to pray every day. A daily "Quiet Time" is a great stress decompression chamber. Use this time to talk to God about your pressures and problems, evaluate your priorities, and discover the rules for successful living by reading the Bible.
7. RELAXATION: TAKE TIME TO ENJOY LIFE!
· (Mark 6:30-31) Balance is the key to stress management. Work must be balanced with fun and worship.
Will you please share these 7 Key Points with every leader in your group?
Mother JoAnne Smith Hooks
God is Calling us to Fast & Pray Against this Suicide Demon
***Here's the Petition****
The Spirit of the Lord has impressed upon our heart to petition the people of God for the sake of our "Children." After 97 days of fasting & praying from August 1 – November 5, 2019. The Spirit of the Lord called us back into a 40 day fast. This fast started November 18 – December 26, 2019, which will end at 4:00pm. We pray all day long for our children. There is a suicide demon out there that's trying to take our children out and we serve notice on the devil, this day. He cannot and will not have our children.
When Jesus was speaking to the disciples in, Mark 9:29 And he said unto them, “This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting."
In other word: Jesus was teaching a principle here. Some illnesses and demons are so severe that just prayer will not make them well. Fasting will bring great results! Therefore, we are coming against:
- Attitudes Problems
- Overcoming Hurts
- Evil Thoughts
There are many more that you may want to add to this list....
We must cry out for our young people. Our children are precious and they are made in the image of God, just like we are. They are seeking for love in the wrong places. They need to be loved by (US), and encouraged by (US). Please, let’s not forget who and where God has brought us from....
Remember, we are eating only one meal a day. If you cannot join us in this fast, please do not hinder others from joining forces. No one knows better than a parent(s) and God, as to what their child/children maybe going through. For those that cannot join us, we are soliciting your prayers, please?... This fast is strictly for our children that are 35 years old and under in every nation… (meaning: the whole wide world) ...
If you have a prayer request(s). Please send an email to: email@example.com
Mother JoAnne Smith Hooks
We often ask God to use us for His glory. He created us in His image and has given us a plan and purpose for our lives. We realize that He used a donkey to talk in the Book of Numbers, Chapter 22; He used an ax head to float in the Book of 2nd Kings, Chapter 6; A cock to crow in the Gospel of Matthew, Mark, Luke & John. He used numerous of people and things in the Bible for His glory!
The Prophet Ezekiel sticks out in my mind. God used Him to do, "Strange Things" in the Book of Ezekiel, Chapter 4.
God has used me to do, "Strange, yet beautiful things." One thing that He uses me to do is, Twirl in a circle in my church, at times. I've notice this happens when I am going through trials and tribulations that seems difficult to bear.
God will use us only if we want to be used by Him. We must seek His guidance through fasting and praying. It is imperative that we Study His Word because He speaks to us in His Word.
The Prayer: Father, we come to the Throne of Grace, thanking You for wisdom and knowledge as we seek Your face to take us to, "Higher Heights and Deeper Depths." We realize we can do nothing on our own because all of our help comes from You. Thank You Lord for Your goodness and mercy. Please keep us in Your Perfect Will. We believe by faith that is done and it is so. In Jesus name, we pray. Amen
JoAnne Smith Hooks